firefox 'freezes' after Gnome 2.10 upgrade.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Mar 23 11:56:22 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:11:26 -0800, Mike Carlson <m87carlson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a successful upgrade to Gnome 2.10 I have started experiencing a
> very annoying problem with both firefox and mozilla.
>
> If either i try to download something, or I visit a site that is well
> beyond basic html, the browser completely freezes, but stays in a
> [ksesel] state. Some example sites would be http://www.hardocp.com/
> and http://www.dilber.com.

Uh oh, must be typo in the second link... It's a porn site. ;-) Anyway, I
can't reproduce your problem here with Firefox, which it loads very fast.
I bet your problem is has to do with the plugins. Delete all plugins and
see what happened. I have the feel that it's more issue with that linux
wrap plugin if you are using.

> I first though this was a scheduling issue so I have tried to use the
> SCHED_ULE scheduler and playing around with /etc/libmap.conf and
> mapping firefox to either libr_c or libpthread. But I can still
> reproduce the freeze.
>
> I should also mention that I cannot actually USE Gnome, I get the
> gnome logo and thats it. I use xfce4 anyways.
>
> Any pointers or help would be appreciated, I know this list is a
> little flooded right now.

It's not flood.

> And please CC me as I do not belong to this list.
>
> Mike C

FreeBSD GNOME Team