evolution 2.2.0: suggestions

Sergey Litvinenko sergey at rsu.ru
Wed Mar 16 11:05:34 PST 2005

Hello!

I like the evolution very much, and it really helps me seamlessly work
in unix environment.
With evolution it become one great reason less to work with MSW
platform, THANK YOU!

Now, I'd like describe some features i'd love with evolution.

first is the ability to load email headers via pop3 protocol in the same
manner as in the bat! (www.ritlabs.com).
it saves a lot of time/money when fetching mail via GPRS mobile connect,
also helps defy spam.
if it would be possible to switch from
"invoke message manager" and "fetch now" modes using some simple rules
like if my ip is like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx - fetch all
if my ip is like yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy/yy - invoke manager
- it would be greatly cool.

second,
i'd love if would a possibility for enabling mode when writing a new
message would occupy just the same window, as list of messages in a box,
much alike as does PINE.
sometimes having many separate windows makes me angry to switch from one
to another, stealing my laptop screen space, but it would be nice to
have this behaviour switchable.

third
i'd love the buttons in toolbars would be possible to reduce for only
small icons, no text.

fourth,
i didn't find the way to see email raw headers,
but sometimes it's quite useful to find from where the message appeared
first.

Sincerely
Sergey Litvinenko