success

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Mar 15 12:08:15 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:45:41 -0500 (EST), Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org>
> wrote:
>
> > but not with the gnome_upgrade, that really never seemed to come close.
> > used the x11/gone2 port, and a long time compiling.  A couple of items I
> > notice, at least at the moment:
> >
> > 1) www/mozilla doesn't build
>
> It won't unless you update freetype2 first. I think, it's fixed in the
> lastest gnome_upgrade.sh script.

Great.  Thanks, I will do that quick as a flash.  I have to admit I
forgot, while I was typing, to add in something I know very well:
epi[phasy is based very strongly on mozilla, so anything that breaks
mozilla is likely to break epiphany.  I will go update the freetype2 port,
and see, I betch that fixes epiphany.

BTW, notice ever how screwed up freetype is, as a port?  Not the FreeBSD
port, I'm talking abou tthey way someone structured the freetype stuff
itself, what a horrible build, the FreeBSD porter had real guts.