Suggestion for GNOME upgrade script

Tue Mar 15 07:11:36 PST 2005

Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd at chillt.de> wrote:

> It would be great if the script had an option not to use BATCH=yes. I
> am a KDE user and reinstallation of the x11/kde port with BATCH=yes
> caused some problems for me. This port, which has some GNOME
> dependencies and therefore gets reinstalled by the script, is a meta
> port that installs all the other parts of KDE as dependencies. When
> BATCH=yes is not set, it presents a menu from which the KDE
> components one wants can be chosen. With BATCH=yes, there is no menu
> and *all* components get installed.

Have a look at /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf, the "MAKE_ARGS" part. You have
to add "-DWITHOUT_foo" to MAKE_ARGS in the x11/kde3 case for option "foo" in
the menu, e.g. "-DWITHOUT_KDEGAMES" if you don't want KDEGAMES.

After this every "portupgrade kde3" will do the right thing.

Bye,
Alexander.

Grub first, then ethics.
		-- Bertolt Brecht