issues discovered after installing 2.9.91

piotr.smyrak at heron.pl piotr.smyrak at heron.pl
Wed Mar 9 12:39:04 PST 2005

Hi,

Just finished compiling and here are some points.

1. Patch for gnomepanel that adds some missed uk direcotries to the
plist.

2. Please look at this shot:
http://eko.org.pl/~smyru/shots/nautilus-icons-wrong-place.png

This shows wrongly positioned icons in some folders opened by
Nautilus. I was not able to figure out why, saw no errors in
console.

3. Here is what happens to the new stable gqview in the new Gnome;
http://eko.org.pl/~smyru/shots/gqview-maltreated.png when I try to
scroll the directory tree.

Gqview sometimes gets frozen just after starting up. I have no clue
why, will keep analizing.

4. Operator group member can't shutdown the box.

5. Detecting smb servers in Network takes very long (I tried
gnomevfs2 with libsamba & without it against another host with 2.8
and Samba 3.0.11, I don't run named in the local network, just an
external one is available, but both hosts have correct entries in /
etc/hosts).

regards,

PS: Please CC: me, I have bad net connection and suspended list
delivery.
--
 Piotr Smyrak
 piotr.smyrak at heron.pl