issues discovered after installing 2.9.91

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 9 12:46:53 PST 2005

piotr.smyrak at heron.pl wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Just finished compiling and here are some points.
|
| 1. Patch for gnomepanel that adds some missed uk direcotries to the
| plist.

This was already fixed.

| 2. Please look at this shot:
| http://eko.org.pl/~smyru/shots/nautilus-icons-wrong-place.png
|
| This shows wrongly positioned icons in some folders opened by
| Nautilus. I was not able to figure out why, saw no errors in
| console.

Yeah, I've never seen this, and no one else has reported it.  Are you
sure you updated everything, and nothing depends on old libraries?

| 3. Here is what happens to the new stable gqview in the new Gnome;
| http://eko.org.pl/~smyru/shots/gqview-maltreated.png when I try to
| scroll the directory tree.

Could be an issue with GTK+ 2.6.  I'd bring this up with the gqview
maintainer or authors.

| Gqview sometimes gets frozen just after starting up. I have no clue
| why, will keep analizing.
|
| 4. Operator group member can't shutdown the box.

You need to be running gdm to get the shutdown/reboot options when
logging out in GNOME 2.10.

| 5. Detecting smb servers in Network takes very long (I tried
| gnomevfs2 with libsamba & without it against another host with 2.8
| and Samba 3.0.11, I don't run named in the local network, just an
| external one is available, but both hosts have correct entries in /
| etc/hosts).

This is a known issue.  There are a few SMB regressions in GNOME 2.10.
Hopefully they will be fixed in a future release.

Joe