[ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Thu Jul 21 06:06:34 GMT 2005

"Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> さんは書きました:

> The old freetype2 do accept the rename but not now in
> freetype2 2.1.10.
>
> no-crash:	Run those..
> 			# cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/webfonts
> 			# rm fonts.*
> 			# mkfontscale
> 			# mkfontdir
> 			# fc-cache -f -v
>
> crash:		Same way above, but rename all microsoft and monotype to
> 		webfonts.

I don't think it has anything to do with renaming.  Although I *do*
use "mkfontscale", "mkfontdir", and "fc-cache" as you write above, I
still see the crash on SuSE Linux 9.3.

And not only with the webfonts, with *many* other fonts as well.
Actually I can find only very few fonts where it doesn't crash.
But that may be just an accident.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。