HEADS UP: Realtime update support added to battstat

Vladimir Chukharev chu at h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi
Fri Jul 1 21:28:14 GMT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:11:43 +0300, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I went through the code again, but I did not see any obvious file
> descriptor leaks.  I did, however, find a few other bugs.  I've posted a
> new version of the battstat patch at
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/patch-battstat-acpi.  Please try this
> new version, and if you see those maxfiles messages again, get the
> output of lsof for the battstat process (i.e. lsof -p <PID of
> battstat-applet-2>).

I put this patch instead of /usr/ports/x11/gnomeapplets2/files/patch-battstat-acpi
reinstalled the port and added the Battery Monitor to a panel.
then I ran lsof -p on it a few times. Each time the result was longer
and longer, the lines with /dev/acpi were multiplying...
I did not wait till I run out of maxfiles limit, just removed
the monitor.

Result of one of the lsof runs is attached.

--
V.Chukharev