gedit and scrollkeeper problems on 4.11 system

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 14 10:08:12 PST 2005

Kevin Oberman wrote:
| I am unable to update gedit and seem to have messed up scrollkeeper.
|
| The system is running 4.11-stable and all ports are updated regularly. I
| have tried updating to gedit-2.8.2_1 to 2.8.3 and failed to get it to
| install properly.
|
| The first issue is that in help/C has:
| for file in gedit-C.omf; do \
|         install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 $file.out
/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/omf/gedit/$file; \
| done
|
| While gedit-C.omf is there, I don't have a gedit-C.omf.out, so the
| script fails. portupgrade then starts re-installing the old
| version. Then the REALLY scarry thing happens:
| --->  Restoring the old version
| update-desktop-database: not found
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
|
| All of the segmentation faults are in scrollkeeper. This is where I
| really get worried. I really don't want to re-install all of Gnome,
| especially when 2.10 is so close and that will force a complete Gnome
| rebuild.
|
| Any ideas what went wrong here?

Good be a problem with your libxslt installation.  IT may also be a
problem with scrollkeeper itself.  What happens if you rebuild both of
those ports?

Joe

- --
Joe Marcus Clarke