some more patches for firefox

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Aug 17 05:05:39 GMT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:23:49 -0500, Mikhail Teterin
<Mikhail.Teterin at murex.com> wrote:

<snip>
> Thanks a lot for your work, Jeremy.

Np, I have committed it at MC in ports-stable module. Let me try to
explain why we don't include some of stuff.

1) We are keeping the "IGNORE=core dumps on alpha during post-build",
because marcus has at least one empirical report that this is still needed.

2) We have decided to not include patch-warnings*, because those patches
are supposed to be live in Mozilla bugzilla and not in our tree. Not only
that reason, also that may violate our agreement
with the Mozilla/Firefox folks for license. [1] To not waste your patches,
I suggest you to try to merge with 1.5 and submit to Mozilla bugzilla.

[1] http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/firefox_thunderbird-approved.txt

3) We are holding off on the patch-liveconnect, because 1.5 is targeting
64-bit. Also, marcus said that since it doesn't really fix anything.

4) We are holding off on the patch-libreg, because we aren't sure about
registry. Again, Mozilla bugzilla is the best place to submit. If they
like then we can include in our tree or wait until next release.

Hope, I didn't miss anything so far. You can see my commit over at MC [1]
and let me know if I did something wrong or else. Thanks for your work and
summitted the patches!

[1]
http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports-stable/www/firefox/

> 	-mi