Gstreamer-plugins splitting ports .. needs testing and feed back ?

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Tue Oct 5 18:14:16 PDT 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 8:45 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> There's a lot here, and I certainly haven't been through it all.
> Besides my earlier request to allow for a way to build all of
> gstreamer-plugins in a monolithic way (like we can now) for testing
> purposes, I would add that you should include bsd.gstreamer.mk twice in
> bsd.port.mk (once during the bsd.port.pre.mk, and once during post).
> This way it will work with things like OPTIONS.
>
> Joe

I added the second include bsd.gstreamer.mk to bsd.port.mk not too long
ago.

When you say we need to be able to build gstreamer-plugins in a
monolithic way,
Would it be better to add a port say gstreamer-plugins-all, a kind of
metaport, not really monolithic but it
may work for what we want/need.

Or add a "all" to bsd.gstreamer.mk which will build all plugins if
USE_GSTREAMER=all is defined
   this may be useful for some ports.

Or add a knob in gstreamer-plugins to build every plugin ?

Michael