gstreamer problems

Juho Vuori juho.vuori at kulma.net
Wed Nov 3 04:30:59 PST 2004

I'm running recent build of RELENG_5 and the gnome 2.8 development
ports. gstreamer, and related ports build fine, but when I try to watch
a video stream nothing will be shown on screen. Audio works fine.

I've had this couple of weeks, but as I don't really use video much, I'm
not exactly sure about what first caused this. I guess I first noticed
the problem after installing gnome 2.8 ports. I'm also running custom
build of x.org 6.8.1. I used to run it with composite extension enabled,
but disabled it a while ago as it caused a lot of problems. This doesn't
seem to have an effect on gstreamer video playback though.

This might be just me having custom versions of a lot of software, but
if anyone has experienced this, do you have ideas for fixing the
problem?

Juho