gnome-btdownload-0.0.16

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Jun 21 22:55:25 PDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:33:21 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 22:31, Randy Pratt wrote:
>> I'm a "casual" user of gnome meaning that I don't have a full
>> gnome installation.  I'm having a problem at runtime with
>> gnome-btdownload-0.0.16 .  It builds fine but I get:
>>
>> $ gnome-btdownload some.torrent
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 906, in ?
>>     run(sys.argv[1:])
>>   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 901, in run
>>     client = GtkClient(args)
>>   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 597, in __init__
>>     result = GtkFileSaveDialog('Save location for BitTorrent session',
>> default=bt_state_args.suggested_path_output, modal=True,
>> localonly=True).run()
>>   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 295, in __init__
>>     GtkFileActionDialog.__init__(self, title,
>> gtk.FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE, (gtk.STOCK_CANCEL, gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL,
>> gtk.STOCK_SAVE, gtk.RESPONSE_OK), filters, default, modal, multiple,
>> localonly)
>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
>> 'FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE'
>>
>> Portdowngrading to gnome-btdownload-0.0.11 will get me running again.
>>
>> FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Sat Jun  5 15:39:24 EDT 2004
>>
>> I didn't want to list the 423 ports I have installed so it is at:
>>
>>   http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/pkg_info-2004.06.18.txt
>>
>> I have tried to do:
>>
>> 	portupgrade -f py23\* py-gnome\*
>>
>> but that didn't have any effect.  I then tried the brute force
>> portupgrade:
>>
>> 	portupgrade -fRr gnome-btdownload
>>
>> Still, no joy.  I'm getting the same runtime errors.  It appears to
>> be related to Gtk but I've no idea where to go from here.  I'd
>> prefer not to maintain old port versions locally so I'd like to
>> find a solution.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions?  They would be much appreciated!
>
> This version of gnome-btdownload may require the development version of
> py-gtk2.  If so, you can get that from
> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi in the ports module.
> The gnome-btdownload maintainer should be informed.

Randy, thanks for reported. I have backed out to 0.0.11, but you still can
get 0.0.16 at http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/ if you want to. I will
keep update from there. However, I wish the author would update the
requirement or at least input in the changelog about it.

BTW: Sorry if I didn't reply back to you few days ago, Randy; my basement
got flooded from the storm and I had to unplug and move all computers to
the different place.

> Joe
>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Randy