gnome-btdownload-0.0.16

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 14:54:40 PDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:33:21 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 22:31, Randy Pratt wrote:
> > I'm a "casual" user of gnome meaning that I don't have a full
> > gnome installation.  I'm having a problem at runtime with
> > gnome-btdownload-0.0.16 .  It builds fine but I get:
> >
> > $ gnome-btdownload some.torrent
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 906, in ?
> >     run(sys.argv[1:])
> >   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 901, in run
> >     client = GtkClient(args)
> >   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 597, in __init__
> >     result = GtkFileSaveDialog('Save location for BitTorrent session', default=bt_state_args.suggested_path_output, modal=True, localonly=True).run()
> >   File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 295, in __init__
> >     GtkFileActionDialog.__init__(self, title, gtk.FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE, (gtk.STOCK_CANCEL, gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL, gtk.STOCK_SAVE, gtk.RESPONSE_OK), filters, default, modal, multiple, localonly)
> > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE'
> >
> > Portdowngrading to gnome-btdownload-0.0.11 will get me running again.
> >
> > FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Sat Jun  5 15:39:24 EDT 2004
> >
> > I didn't want to list the 423 ports I have installed so it is at:
> >
> >   http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/pkg_info-2004.06.18.txt
> >
> > I have tried to do:
> >
> > 	portupgrade -f py23\* py-gnome\*
> >
> > but that didn't have any effect.  I then tried the brute force
> > portupgrade:
> >
> > 	portupgrade -fRr gnome-btdownload
> >
> > Still, no joy.  I'm getting the same runtime errors.  It appears to
> > be related to Gtk but I've no idea where to go from here.  I'd
> > prefer not to maintain old port versions locally so I'd like to
> > find a solution.
> >
> > Anyone have any suggestions?  They would be much appreciated!
>
> This version of gnome-btdownload may require the development version of
> py-gtk2.  If so, you can get that from
> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi in the ports module.
> The gnome-btdownload maintainer should be informed.

Absolute magic! ;-)  There is joy in Portsville.  Thanks very much
for that tip.  Just in case anyone is curious, this is the path I
followed:

I checked out the ports skeleton for ports/x11-toolkits/py-gtk2
(py23-gtk-2.3.92) using the instructions noted on the development
site and moved it into my local ports tree. Then, rebuilt the
INDEX/db:

	# cd /usr/ports && portsdb -uU

Since no ports that dependent on it had their versions bumped, I
forced the portupgrade of everything dependent on the py-gtk2:

	# portupgrade -fr py23-gtk-2.2.0_2

The gnome-btdownload started as expected with no errors and other
ports that were updated seem to be working fine also.  If there's
something else I need for this to do please let me know.

I went one step further and temporarily added an entry to my
/usr/sup/refuse file:

	ports/x11-toolkits/py-gtk2

so that cvsup would not download the version from the tree since I
update my ports nightly.  I'll have to keep watch on cvs-all@ to
know when to remove that entry.

It looks like either the gnome-btdownload update will need to be
backed out or py-gtk2 updated to the development version.  That
decision is totally up to the maintainers since I'm far from a
gnome/ports expert.  I'll follow whichever way the ports tree
goes.

Thanks again for the tip and all the hard work the FreeBSD-Gnome
team does in keeping everything in synch.  Its a big job!

Best regards,

Randy