Looking for GNOME users with KDE

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Feb 11 09:12:57 PST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:22:24 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 22:52, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:18:53 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
>> <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Now this is what I'm talking about!  Awesome.  Let me know when you
>> have
>> > something you like.  Thanks a lot for looking at this.
>>
>> Here are two attaches of kde-menus.png and gnomevfs2.diff; I think it's
>> done. Only one very small issue is that there are a lot of KDE icons
>> (*.desktop) don't have the 'Categories'. The menu read 'Categories' line
>> in the *.desktop files, so it's why there has three icons (see
>> kde-menus.png for yellow square) that are out of order. It will be nice
>> if
>> it's possible to put the <MergeDir> in the KDE's <Folder> and any
>> general
>> icon can be in the KDE menu rather than outside.
>
> The screenshot didn't make it through.  However, this work looks good.
> One thing I would say is that you can consolidate the post-extract and
> post-patch into one:
>
> .if !defined(WITHOUT_KDE_MENUS)
> 	@${SED} -e 's|/usr/local|${LOCALBASE}|g' \
> 		< ${FILESDIR}/KDE.directory > \ 	${WRKSRC}/KDE.directory
> .endif

Looks good.. Attaching two screenshots.. I think, it's kind of done and
you can go ahead commit it in MarcusCom CVS.

> Also, why can't you put the MergeDir under the KDE menu to being with?
> That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Because, it will not work. If I put it inside the <Folder> and it will
broke. I have been played with it last night more and I still can't figure
it out. I have found out about <Parent>, but it's still not perfect or
right tag. The <Parent> has the limit like I can't add another <Folder>
with keyword inside <Parent>. Also, the <Parent> ingore the
<DontShowIfEmpty/>.. We need something like <Parent> and <MergeDir> into
one.

<MergeDir>: kde-menus.png
<Parent>: menu-parent.png

<Parent> example:
==============================
<!-- Remove all KDE's <MergeDir> and add <Folder> with <Parent>
       It's pretty simple compare to <MergeDir>.. -->

     <Folder>
       <Name>KDE</Name>
       <Parent>/usr/local/share/applnk/</Parent>
       <Desktop>KDE.directory</Desktop>
       <DontShowIfEmpty/> <!-- looks like this isn't work, ugh.. -->
     </Folder>

I personal still perfer to use <MergeDir>, because it collect stuff and
put in the menu right place by keyword's work. Also, it looks better.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.