Looking for GNOME users with KDE

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 10 22:22:30 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 22:52, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:18:53 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Now this is what I'm talking about!  Awesome.  Let me know when you have
> > something you like.  Thanks a lot for looking at this.
>
> Here are two attaches of kde-menus.png and gnomevfs2.diff; I think it's
> done. Only one very small issue is that there are a lot of KDE icons
> (*.desktop) don't have the 'Categories'. The menu read 'Categories' line
> in the *.desktop files, so it's why there has three icons (see
> kde-menus.png for yellow square) that are out of order. It will be nice if
> it's possible to put the <MergeDir> in the KDE's <Folder> and any general
> icon can be in the KDE menu rather than outside.

The screenshot didn't make it through.  However, this work looks good.
One thing I would say is that you can consolidate the post-extract and
post-patch into one:

.if !defined(WITHOUT_KDE_MENUS)
	@${SED} -e 's|/usr/local|${LOCALBASE}|g' \
		< ${FILESDIR}/KDE.directory > \ 	${WRKSRC}/KDE.directory
.endif

Also, why can't you put the MergeDir under the KDE menu to being with?
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

> At least, it looks much cleaner than before. :-)
>
> P.S. Can one of committer take a look at ports/62489?

Committed.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke