Looking for GNOME users with KDE

Vladimir B. Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Mon Feb 9 00:15:42 PST 2004

В вс, 08.02.2004, в 12:18, Joe Marcus Clarke пишет:
> Anyone out there have KDE installed with GNOME?  If so, you've probably
> noticed that the KDE menu integration into the GNOME Panel is awful.

Yes. And it is not possible to manage integration except manual removing
applink files.

> I'm trying to make it better, but I need a list of directories
> (categories) under ${LOCALBASE}/share/applnk that should be merged into
> the GNOME Panel menus.  So far, I have:
>
> Toys
> Utilities
> Internet
> Office
> Applications
> Development
> Games
> Multimedia
>
> Are there any others I should add?  Any I should remove?  Thanks.

I think enough.

Related question:
It the way to renew (build from scratch) gnome menu
(both personal and system). Doing regular portupgrade I have awful menu
contents (for example System menu have 5 or more times all KDE items
without icons). So question, how to rebuild menus automaticaly ?

Another question:
  How to restore default Desktop ? Due to FS failure I have missed Trash
and Home objects form desktop. How to restores them (I succeeded to make
Home as link to file:///home/myhome, but fail to make trash, copy
~/Desktop from my home on next fbsd with same packages does not help).
Advises are very appreciated.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru>
SWsoft Inc.