Looking for GNOME users with KDE

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 07:09:33 PST 2004

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:18:45 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> Anyone out there have KDE installed with GNOME?  If so, you've probably
> noticed that the KDE menu integration into the GNOME Panel is awful.

Indeed, it was awful. :-)

> I'm trying to make it better, but I need a list of directories
> (categories) under ${LOCALBASE}/share/applnk that should be merged into
> the GNOME Panel menus.  So far, I have:
>
> Toys
> Utilities
> Internet
> Office
> Applications
> Development
> Games
> Multimedia
>
> Are there any others I should add?  Any I should remove?  Thanks.

Bummer, I did the clean installtion of desktop two days ago and now I
don't have KDE anymore. I think, above looks fine as so far from what I
think I can remember.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.