pkgdb -F (was: Re: editors/AbiWord2: configure error /libgnomeprint-2.2)

Matthew Donadio mdonadio at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 15:00:29 PDT 2003

Randy Bush wrote:
> it would seem to me that the transitive closure of the dependency
> graph is traversable, and the needed data are present in the ports
> tree.  why do we keep doing this manually?

I have no idea how it happens, but I occasionally get circular
references in the pkgdb.  Also, you have to remember that what you have
in /usr/ports may not be the same as what you have installed due to
cvsuping the tree and holding off on rebuilding.  Another complication
are the various build options (ie, WITH_LAME, WITH_GTK2, WITHOUT_LDAP,
etc).

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio at ieee.org)