Quick 2.2 - 2.4 Upgrade Question

Tue Sep 23 01:26:11 PDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:30:39 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 14:11, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> > Can I execute the portupgrade commands from within a terminal window
> > while running Gnome?  Or will cause conflicts and grief when running
> > applications are upgraded?  Maybe it's better to upgrade from a regular
> > console session?  What do you recommend?
>
> I recommend logging out of X (or at least out of GNOME).  To upgrade to
> 2.4.

I did it without logging out. At a specific point you don't have any
entry in the applications menu anymore, but after the update you just
have to relogin and everything is fine. The worst thing is a segfault of
a running GNOME application, so don't do important things.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                   It's not a bug, it's tradition!