make install clean for Gnome-2 fails with configure: error: You need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Sep 21 21:03:29 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 23:57, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:13:01 +0100, Stacey Roberts
> <stacey at vickiandstacey.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >      I cannot build Gnome-2 from fresh after first deinstalling Gnome-2
> > and now (my attempted) reinstallation for the port.
> >
> > Here is what I did after several failed attempts at portupgrading to
> > Gnome-2.4 since yesterday:
> > Logged off from X
> > cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
> > make deinstall clean
> > make clean
> > make install clean
> >
> > The last command fails with the following:
> > # make clean
> <snip>
> > ===>  Cleaning for pwlib-1.5.0_2
> <snip>
> > ===>  Cleaning for openh323-1.12.0_1
> <snip>
>
> Ok, it cleans and know that gnomemeeting needs this..
>
> > root at Demon /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 # make install clean
> <snip>
> > ===>  Configuring for gnomemeeting-0.98.5
> <snip>
>
> Umm, isn't it supposed to be build the pwlib and openh323 by now in this
> step?
>
> > checking for PTLib includes...
> > checking for
> > /usr/ports/net/gnomemeeting/../../devel/pwlib/work/pwlib/include/ptlib/pprocess.h...
> > no
> > configure: error: You need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting
> <snip>
>
> I don't know what's wrong in your system, but why don't you try to do
> following:
>
> 1) portsclean -C (to rm -rf all work, fastest and better way to clean than
> use the 'make clean')
> 2) Go to net/gnomemeeting and do the 'make install' ..
>
> If it doesn't build the pwlib and openh323, then you can try this:
>
> 1) Go to devel/pwlib and do the 'make'
> 2) Go to net/openh323 and do the 'make'
> 3) Try it again, do the 'make install' in the net/gnomemeeting
>
> I can't promise you if I will solve your problem, but I hope so and I am
> trying.. :-)

Actually, gnomemeeting is weird.  It defines NOCLEANDEPENDS in its
Makefile.  This actually can cause problems when openh323 and pwlib are
updated.  It's best to make sure you always clean those directories out
by hand.  Also, note that gnomemeeting will be broken on -CURRENT unless
you have the recent -pthread readdition patch.  You also can't build
gnomemeeting if you have ffmpeg installed.  You have to remove ffmpeg,
then build gnomemeeting, then reinstall ffmpeg (if so desire).

Joe