make install clean for Gnome-2 fails with configure: error: You need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Sep 21 20:59:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:13:01 +0100, Stacey Roberts
<stacey at vickiandstacey.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>      I cannot build Gnome-2 from fresh after first deinstalling Gnome-2
> and now (my attempted) reinstallation for the port.
>
> Here is what I did after several failed attempts at portupgrading to
> Gnome-2.4 since yesterday:
> Logged off from X
> cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
> make deinstall clean
> make clean
> make install clean
>
> The last command fails with the following:
> # make clean
<snip>
> ===>  Cleaning for pwlib-1.5.0_2
<snip>
> ===>  Cleaning for openh323-1.12.0_1
<snip>

Ok, it cleans and know that gnomemeeting needs this..

> root at Demon /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 # make install clean
<snip>
> ===>  Configuring for gnomemeeting-0.98.5
<snip>

Umm, isn't it supposed to be build the pwlib and openh323 by now in this
step?

> checking for PTLib includes...
> checking for
> /usr/ports/net/gnomemeeting/../../devel/pwlib/work/pwlib/include/ptlib/pprocess.h...
> no
> configure: error: You need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting
<snip>

I don't know what's wrong in your system, but why don't you try to do
following:

1) portsclean -C (to rm -rf all work, fastest and better way to clean than
use the 'make clean')
2) Go to net/gnomemeeting and do the 'make install' ..

If it doesn't build the pwlib and openh323, then you can try this:

1) Go to devel/pwlib and do the 'make'
2) Go to net/openh323 and do the 'make'
3) Try it again, do the 'make install' in the net/gnomemeeting

I can't promise you if I will solve your problem, but I hope so and I am
trying.. :-)

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.