gnome2-fifth-toe and ldap

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Sep 9 10:29:58 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 07:14, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My machine is happily building the gnome2-fifth-toe port.
> It stopped with balsa2 because this requires ldap per default.
> I build it manually by
> # make WITHOUT_LDAP="YES" install clean
> Could you please change this setting, since last time something
> installed ldap I couldn't even boot my machine anymore, because
> some slap or slurp was misconfigured.

The default setting is fine.  The problems you encountered were with
LDAP, and you should take that up with the LDAP maintainers.  By
default, balsa will only use the -client LDAP ports anyway.  If you
installed the -server component, then that's why you got the slurp/slapd
problems.  Those components are not required for balsa.

Joe