mozilla & mozilla-devel fail to build on ia64

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Wed Jun 25 10:21:13 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:41:09AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> >    - Is ia64 support present in the mozilla tree?
>
> Yes.  The big challenge is to port the xpcom code to FreeBSD/ia64.

I noticed that 1.3.1 only has ILP32 support, but 1.4 has both ILP32
and LP64 support. We're LP64 on FreeBSD, so it's probably better to
start with 1.4b. If 1.4b builds and works on ia64, we can choose to
backport to 1.3.1 or not.
I don't think we have to create FreeBSD specific code, because that
would imply that we're violating the ABI. There's no OS specifics
that we need to deal with AFAICT. But that was just after glancing.
I may be mistaken, but I think we can just use the *_ipf64.* files
for FreeBSD/ia64...

I'll try it out today, but have to get past the linking failures
first (unresolved references to strlen(3) and other libc function).
Seems we need to patch configure, like we do for alpha...

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net