mozilla & mozilla-devel fail to build on ia64

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Jun 25 08:41:21 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 21:51, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Gang,
>
> Apparently mozilla (1.3.1 and 1.4b) does not support ia64. I have
> a complete build log (exluding dependencies) here:
> 	http://www.xcllnt.net/~marcel/mozilla.out
>
> The build log is for mozilla-devel-gtk2, but mozilla-gtk2 fails for
> the exact same reason.
>
> Q: What's the best porting strategy?
>    - Can we do without the nsprpub 'project'?

No, but I already wrote some patches for this, and added them to
devel/nspr.  I was just waiting for you to bug me before adding them to
mozilla itself ;-).

>    - Is ia64 support present in the mozilla tree?

Yes.  The big challenge is to port the xpcom code to FreeBSD/ia64.  Take
a look at some of the Sparc64 patches in files/ to see what you're up
against.  This will require some ia64 assembly.  Fortunately, I think
there are already some Linux ports.

>    - Do we have a better chance porting 1.4b?

1.3.1 and 1.4b should be about the same.

Joe