Evo date time - o' lordy, not agin

Mike Harding mvh at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 12 19:35:58 PDT 2003

Date is spot on:

bash-2.05b$ date
Thu Jun 12 19:35:00 PDT 2003

Note that I sent my previous mail via emacs, so that may be why the
time was correct.  I'll send again via evolution once it's recompiled.

- Mike H.

   From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
   Cc: oberman at es.net, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome at freebsd.org>
   Date: 12 Jun 2003 22:30:06 -0400

   --=-uZw8qncBUhKiMzMRVmcM

   On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 22:24, Mike Harding wrote:
   > I'm also running wall clock as this machine is dual-boot...

   I, too, run wall clock, and both my Evo 1.4 machines send and receive
   mail with the correct offset (EDT =3D=3D GMT -0400).  I don't know why your=
   would be different.  I looked through gconf-editor for some hidden
   settings, but I didn't find anything.

   >=20
   > I have bad memories of this time offset, which had been patched at one
   > point.

   The patch is still in there, and things have been working for me.  What
   is the output of date on your machine?

   Joe

   >=20
   >    Cc: Mike Harding <mvh at ix.netcom.com>,
   > 	   FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome at freebsd.org>
   >    Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:59:07 -0700
   >    From: "Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net>
   >=20
   >    I'm seeing the same thing here. All the dates are +9 from here. If
   >    it's relevant, this system is running with the hardware clock set
   >    tolocal time (/etc/wall_cmos_clock is present). Just a bit annoying,
   >    but Evo is only my backup mail system, so I was not worrying too much
   >    about it.
   >    --=20
   >    R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
   >    Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
   >    Ernest O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab)
   >    E-mail: oberman at es.net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634
   --=20

   --=-uZw8qncBUhKiMzMRVmcM

   --=-uZw8qncBUhKiMzMRVmcM--