Looking for something to do?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Dec 23 20:28:41 PST 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:02:30 +0800, Khairil Yusof <kaeru at streamyx.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:42:19PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
>> Once the volumes are mounted, they will show up.  That should have
>> worked for a long time.  However, I was trying to add the ability of
>> putting user-mountable volumes (e.g. CD-ROM) on the desktop before they
>> are mounted (giving the user the option of mounting them from the
>> desktop).  This is not working for some reason.
>
> Here's what I got:
>
> User mountable drives show up in the Computer folder, and double
> clicking on them does try to mount the drives.

Ahh, I never knew it was in the Computer folder, which I thought it was
supposed to be on the desktop. Now, it's there in the Computer folder and
I am able to mount it, so it works! When, I mounted it by either click
right (menu) -> mount or double click, then a new CD icon will appear in
the desktop just like if I mount it by the command line. But, one major
problem is that I can't umount it because there's no option to do that but
there has an eject option in the right click menu. The eject doesn't work,
I get the error following:

Failed to start command (Click on details) -> Failed to execute child
process "eject" (No such file or directory)

After I clicked 'OK' from the error msg, then it will umount or the mount
died by itself. Weird.

Khairil, thanks for input about Computer folder that got me check on the
CD stuff and should help Joe more. :-)

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.