Expandable filesystem with more disk

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 31 04:01:52 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 12:19:20PM +0100, Markus Örebrand wrote:
+> And yes, it would be useful to allow creation with only one provider
+> (sorry for the provider/consumer confusion earlier), especially with a
+> number of repos of this kind.

I committed such functionality to HEAD, should be available in 6.1.

+> Still, what are the chances of data corruption when adding more
+> providers and then growfs? Growfs comes bundled with warnings at
+> least...

Adding more providers with gconcat(8) is safe (as long as you don't
change the order of providers).
I don't know how reliable growfs(8) is...