error mountroot

Anderson Sielecki anderson.sielecki at terra.com.br
Wed Sep 7 15:04:03 PDT 2005

Hi, i`m new to Freebsd and i`m facing problems in the implamantation of a
RAID-1 software mirroring with geom (gmirror). I followed all the
instructions in the Handbook, but the problem still continue. The mirror
works fine until i reboot the system. Then my system tries to boot from the
gmirror label /dev/gmirror/gm0s1a but even when the module geom_mirror.ko is
loaded in loader prompt the system fails to mount the / slice.
I have a 5.4 box with 2 SATA disks with 80 gb each. I also thought that it
could be a sata problem,... does anyone knows something about?

I`m having mountroot problems. But if I don`t load the geom module i can
mount manually the / slice ==> ufs:/dev/ad4s1a and it works.
Then if i manually in shell load the gmirror the mirroring metadata is ok
and the mirror works fine... what is happening with my boot process?? i`ve
done exactly as dictated by the HANDBOOK!

Thanks a lot!!!
Anderson