cvs commit: ports UPDATING ports/mail/enigmail Makefile distinfo pkg-message ports/mail/enigmail-thunderbird Makefile

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 19 23:31:09 UTC 2011

On 08/19/2011 09:12, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 19/08/2011 18:48 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>> OK, it seems that the culprit is mozilla/toolkit/xre/glxtest.cpp:
>> fire_glxtest_process() forks a new process, but doesn't wait(2) for it.
>> So when wait(2) is invoked later it may return a pid of this child before any
>> other child.
>> Not sure how to fix this or work around it.
>> Maybe by adding wait4(WNOHANG) loop to the _MD_InitProcesses code... not sure how
>> robust that would be.  Or maybe glxtest should use PR_CreateProcess instead of the
>> plain fork(2) that it uses now...
>
> I ended up forcing an explicit wait on the glxtest child:

Thanks for doing all the detective work on this. :)  Your patch gets
things to a (mostly) functional state. The one thing that's still odd is
that I can open the OpenPGP/Preferences dialog, but clicking Ok doesn't
close the dialog. It does however save the changes to prefs.js, and
cancel will close it.

Oh, and FWIW I'm also using gnupg 2.x.

hth,

Doug