A few questions about the FreeBSD GlusterFS port and build

Bogdan SOLGA bogdan.solga at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 19:58:47 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone!

I have found this
<https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2014-June/019669.html>
thread from June 2014 and tried to build GlusterFS on a local VM, but the
build fails with the following error:

./configure: 13107: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I have tried to use the latest 'experimental' build from the GlusterFS repo
<http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/experimental/>, dated August 11th
2014. I haven't seen any patches for it, I might have missed the page which
lists them.

Does anyone have any updates on the GlusterFS port on FreeBSD? According to
this <https://twitter.com/swills/status/480496219236478976> Twitter post,
it seems to work (at least for some platforms and people).

Thank you!

Regards,
Bogdan