FreeBSD support being added to GlusterFS

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat Jun 21 15:19:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The GlusterFS project is looking to add official support for FreeBSD to our next release.

Does anyone have time to try out a tarball snapshot (from today) of our code so far?

  https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/experimental/glusterfs-freebsd_20140621.tar.bz2

In theory (!), it should compile ok using:

  $ ./autogen.sh
  $ ./configure
  $ make
  $ sudo make install

I'm not familiar enough with the ports system in FreeBSD any more to remember how to
make it work there.  Hopefully someone else can help with that too.

Feedback/thoughts? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--