Another Phoronix article

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Jan 9 17:26:07 UTC 2011

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> Which in turn makes me wonder why no one from the FreeBSD community
> (developer, contributor, or user) is offering to help the Phoronix folks
> "become more familiar" with FreeBSD and/or help track down or explain
> whatever "issues" they encounter, rather than just constantly ragging
> on them.

Phoronix is an advertising-funded site.  It does whatever will bring
more eyeballs to the site.  Sometimes doing the wrong thing or making
wrong assumptions brings more eyeballs to the site so there is little
incentive for improvement.  If you look through various article
comments and the forums you will find plenty of advisements (which are
generally ignored for the next go-around).

I feel free to say this even though Phoronix often uses my own
software as part of its benchmarks. :-)

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn