Another Phoronix article

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 02:50:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 08:22:04PM -0600, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, Ivan Voras wrote:
> >
> > >Phoronix is not exactly the epitome of correct benchmarking but it
> > >appears that they've at least recently found out about the
> > >existence of error bars.
> >
> > Yes, but you go read the site anyway.
>
> Which in turn makes me wonder why no one from the FreeBSD community
> (developer, contributor, or user) is offering to help the Phoronix folks
> "become more familiar" with FreeBSD and/or help track down or explain
> whatever "issues" they encounter, rather than just constantly ragging
> on them.

They have, me and others(at least one with @freebsd address).  Phoronix
testers don't respond, sometimes trying to incorporate suggestions except
they are still quite sloppily done.  Phoronix has enough man power and
skills to provide more reasonable and fairly structured tests and choose not
too, so that is why they get ragged on.

--
Adam Vande More