File Logging for Mac OS

Krishna Monian k_tutorials at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 21:58:57 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I am in the process of writing a file logging utility
that monitors all the files in a particular directory
and prints out those files that have been accessed
(read, create, delete, failed access).

It is my understanding that the FreeBSD file system,
which is the one used in the Darwin kernel of Mac OS
is stackable. Hence I should be able to write a layer
on top to do this.

Is this the best way to go about what I am trying to
achieve? Or are there better ways? Ideally I should be
able to start and stop the logging whenever I need to.
Also I would like to get the absolute path when
logging as compared to a relative path.

Thanks in advance
Krishna Monian