fwcontrol -R can't work

tzhuan tzhuan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:31:40 PST 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 08:04:52 +0900, Hidetoshi Shimokawa
<simokawa at freebsd.org> wrote:
> At Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:36:18 +0800,
>

> > huan# fwcontrol -R tmp.dv
> > NTSC
> > 01(249 blocks padded)fwcontrol: unknown format 0x5
> > huan#
> >
> > The DV is Panasonic NV-GS5.
>
> Threre may be packet loss.
> Try 'fwcontrol -R /dev/null'.

I repeat the command and get the following error:
(I press <UP><RETURN> after the previous fwcontrol exit about 1 second)

huan# fwcontrol -R /dev/null
NTSC
0123(108 blocks padded)4(249 blocks padded)fwcontrol: unknown format 0x3b
huan# fwcontrol -R /dev/null
NTSC
0fwcontrol: read failed: Input/output error
huan# fwcontrol -R /dev/null
NTSC
0123(33 blocks padded)4(249 blocks padded)fwcontrol: unknown format 0x3b
huan# fwcontrol -R /dev/null
NTSC
0123fwcontrol: unknown format 0x5
huan# fwcontrol -R /dev/null
NTSC
0123(249 blocks padded)fwcontrol: unknown format 0x3b
huan# fwcontrol -R /dev/null
NTSC
01(0 blocks padded)fwcontrol: unknown format 0x5
huan#

> > I don't put the firewire in kernel, I load firewire.ko at boot time
> > instead. Following is the dmesg:
>
> Do you have any error messages after running fwcontrol -R?

Sorry that I'm not sure what do you mean?

When I test fwcontrol yesterday and today, there is no other message
dump (the fwcontrol just show something, exit, then return to prompt)
, and there is nothing in /var/log/message.

I use the same tape and machine.

Thanks for your help, what can I do to get more information?