latest flashplugin and panic with Nvidia

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Tue Feb 22 18:12:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:19:53 -0600, Sergiy Suprun
<sergiy.suprun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I also use latest linux flash player and latest (260.19.36) nvidia
> drivers on 8-stable amd64
> and have one lockup but can't reproduce this again.
> flash works mainly fine.

OK good that removes my suspicion that it's related to a newer driver than
what's in ports because I was running a 260 series driver earlier.

Last night I tried to get a proper dump working and even was forcing dumps
via the sysctl for testing dump functionality but I could not get it to
successfully dump to my swap device. After that round of troubleshooting I
was unable to recreate the panics I was having. I'm not sure where to go
 from here because previously it was a guaranteed panic every time I viewed
a flash video.

If I can recreate this problem again I will gladly find a way to provide
some more verbose information for you all.

Regards,

Mark