Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.1.0

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 24 07:43:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:58:18 -0700, Yuri wrote:
> I tested 4.1.0 when both host and guest are amd64 FreeBSD-8.2-STABLE.
>
> What I did:
> Installed from stock .iso taken from freebsd.org, installed packages
> gnome2, xorg and gdm.
>
> Two problems:
> 1. pkg_add -r keeps stalling while downloading packages from the web.
> I know it's not my internet connection because I never see such thing
> on my base system. This repeated about 15 times during above mentioned
> installs. I had to stop with Ctrl-C and rerun the pkg_add -r command.

There was some similar problem some time ago but I don't know if it's
the same problem that you see.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2011-July/063322.html

> 2. gnome2 when it starts doesn't have mouse and keyboard. Same
> starting with startx and with gdm. It shows the screen that can't
> receive any mouse clicks or keyboard strokes.

How about installing the guest additions?

http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox#head-de5bc57407193ec2728dd102294c6cb3f7609fcb

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/