Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.1.0

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Aug 24 00:58:22 UTC 2011

I tested 4.1.0 when both host and guest are amd64 FreeBSD-8.2-STABLE.

What I did:
Installed from stock .iso taken from freebsd.org, installed packages
gnome2, xorg and gdm.

Two problems:
1. pkg_add -r keeps stalling while downloading packages from the web. I
know it's not my internet connection because I never see such thing on
my base system. This repeated about 15 times during above mentioned
installs. I had to stop with Ctrl-C and rerun the pkg_add -r command.
2. gnome2 when it starts doesn't have mouse and keyboard. Same starting
with startx and with gdm. It shows the screen that can't receive any
mouse clicks or keyboard strokes.

I saw the same problems with the previous versions of virtual box.

Yuri