Call for testers: VirtualBox 3.1.4 update

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Sun Mar 14 16:08:45 UTC 2010

En/na Chris Shenton ha escrit:

> Thanks for this, I've got it working now on my 8.0 system. I had to install a fairly full X11 stack, since there's no VRDP in the OSE version.

   You may use the vboxvnc patch which was sent to the mailing list a
few time ago (a month ago I'd say). There are two versions, the first
one only has libvnc support for VBoxHeadless, without keyboard layouts
in mind. The second one adds support for i18n by using
/usr/share/syscons/keymaps.

   By using it you may avoid all the x11+qt4 stuff vbox forces you to
install. But I think this is not a good idea, because if you fall into
problems, been able to export display could save you from problems. So
I'd leave X11 support on in any case.

    I'm using the former vnc patch it in a semi-production
virtualitzation server I have at work and it performs well (no problems
during a month of uptime). I'm trying the i18n patch in my laptop
without problems.

   Best regards,

   Gus

--