CFT: Fix VirtualBox on 9-CURRENT and recent STABLE

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Mar 9 23:44:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> Alexander Eichner has done a rewrite of the memory allocation in
> VirtualBox which is ready to get tested. This should fix the above problem
> and also a double wiring problem noticed by Alan Cox. Please test our devel
> ports and give us some feedback (uname -a, does this port work?) so that we
> can proceed and get 3.1.2 fixed.

FreeBSD lightning 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Sun Mar  7 21:58:49
MST 2010     root at lightning:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIGHTNING  i386

So far, so good.  Ubuntu and FreeBSD guests start and stop successfully
and use NAT networking.  Something is filtering ICMP somewhere, but
maybe that's expected.  Bridged networking also works for the FreeBSD
guest.