[WIP] wine/i386 on FreeBSD/amd64 (take 3)

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Sat Jan 9 19:29:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 10:38:09 +0200, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thursday 07 January 2010 17:53:53 Rusty Nejdl wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:02:29 +0200, David Naylor
>> <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>
>>
>> wrote:

>> > Please see attached for the patches.  I have the packages built for
>> > FreeBSD 7
>> > & 8 and am just waiting for an upload site.
>> >
>> > Is the mailing list eating my attachments?  If so could someone
please
>> > host
>> > them somewhere.
>> >
>> > Regards
>>
>> I'm getting this fun message on compile:
>>
>> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
>>
>> {standard input}:83: Error: no such instruction: `cmpxchg16b (%rdi)'
>>
>> I'm running an Intel core i7 processor so that instruction should most
>> definitely be available.  I get that with or without CPUTYPE=nocono in
>> /etc/make.conf.
>
> Are you trying to run this in a chroot from an amd64 system?  If so make
> sure
> you do:
> # env UNAME_m=i386 UNAME_p=i386 MACHINE=i386 ${CMD}
>
> Does this help?

David,

I didn't try it in a chroot... wasn't clear from your updates that that
was needed.  I am able to build wine in a chroot already using the
instructions on the wiki.  Is your command line sufficient to build it
outside of a chroot or is this required to be built in a chroot?  What
exactly does your patch give us beyond what the instructions in the wiki
does?  I thought this was to build a 64 bit wine?

Thanks!
Rusty Nejdl
http://networking.ringofsaturn.com