8.1-R-amd64 host and guest, with VirtualBox

Hubert Tournier hubert at frbsd.org
Mon Aug 9 17:26:15 UTC 2010

Hello,

Samuel Martín Moro wrote:

> I'm trying to boot our 8.1-RELEASE-amd64 disc, in VirtualBox.
> But, before our scripts are started, it seems to block.
> So, have anyone already seen something like that?
> What did I do wrong?

You didn't said what version of VirtualBox you are using? There was a bug
affecting FreeBSD a few versions ago related to the number of SATA adapters
declared (the default was 30 and FreeBSD had issues digesting that) which
had symptoms like those you describe. A workaround was simply to set the
number of adapters to exactly what was needed (with VBoxManage).

8.1 works fine for me, both as a host and a guest.

Best regards,

Hubert