8.1-R-amd64 host and guest, with VirtualBox

Samuel Martín Moro faust64 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 05:43:54 UTC 2010

Samuel Martín Moro
{EPITECH.} tek4
CamTrace S.A.S
  (+033) 1 41 38 37 60
  1 Allée de la Venelle
  92150 Suresnes
  FRANCE

"Nobody wants to say how this works.
  Maybe nobody knows ..."
                      Xorg.conf(5)

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Hubert Tournier <hubert at frbsd.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Samuel Martín Moro wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to boot our 8.1-RELEASE-amd64 disc, in VirtualBox.
> > But, before our scripts are started, it seems to block.
> > So, have anyone already seen something like that?
> > What did I do wrong?
> >

> You didn't said what version of VirtualBox you are using? There was a bug
> affecting FreeBSD a few versions ago related to the number of SATA adapters
> declared (the default was 30 and FreeBSD had issues digesting that) which
> had symptoms like those you describe. A workaround was simply to set the
> number of adapters to exactly what was needed (with VBoxManage).

If I didn't give the version, it's because I use the regular
ftp/package version for FreeBSD-8.1, so 3.2.6 (if I remember well)

I didn't look at alternatives versions (portdowngrade&Co.).
Indeed, it may help me...

I think I'm only declaring IDE devs.
But I'll have a look at your number-of-adaptater theory, once I'll
be at my office.

Thanks for your help

8.1 works fine for me, both as a host and a guest.

Best regards,