skype after f7->f8: problem with cyrillic characters in nicks

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Jun 17 09:56:46 UTC 2009

Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> writes:
> on 16/06/2009 17:00 Alexander Leidinger said the following:

>> If you run the linux fc-cache, you may cause problems for the FreeBSD
>> native libfreetype. This is the reason why the Makefile says what it says.
>
> This is the only only part that I can't fully understand. If linux fc-cache makes
> changes only under /compat/linux then they should not affect native libfreetype.
> As far I understand fc-cache only creates some file(s), so a parent directory for
> that file should be the only pre-condition.

It's the way linuxulator uses paths that you are missing:
. a native FreeBSD path is used;
. if failed then /compat/linux+path is used.

Do you have a "~" ($HOME) at your path? Then linux fc-cache will
use your ~/.fontconfig. Are you sure that it won't influence/brake
your native font managing system? I'm not. It is not guaranteed
to work.

WBR
--
bsam