Signal 12 on simple ldd / Linux

John E Hein jhein at timing.com
Thu Sep 27 12:56:22 PDT 2007

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote at 14:17 -0400 on Sep 27, 2007:
 > 	I'm finding out that this also ISN'T happening on systems where
 > the Linux install is local, and used local. I'm finding 100% so far that
 > it only happens where /compat is NFS mounted. Is this something someone
 > has ever done, and are there any gotchas that I am running into because
 > of it, or is it just "One of those things you figure out that leads you
 > down the completely wrong path".

We mount /compat/linux over NFS.  I have not found any problems like
the one you are having with it after doing so on some boxes for years
(from 4.x to 6.x).  Sometimes, I experience permission problems if,
for instance, the app tries to write to /var/db or something (I don't
export it with maproot=0).  So occasionally I'll add a sym link in
the nfs compat/linux tree to point to a local native directory.