Signal 12 on simple ldd / Linux

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Sun Sep 30 22:55:06 PDT 2007

>  > but try to run the program results in my still getting the same error.
>  > I don't know if its because something in cache somewhere or what now...
>  > Maybe I should do a proper install of linux_base-fc-4 incase, or
>  > would a reboot first be suggested, or ????
>
> This seems to confirm (?) that it's not nfs'd /compat/linux.  Move
> away the current linux_base, try a proper install of linux_base, see
> if there are any differences.  Try a kldunload / kldload of linux &/or
> linprocfs (if loaded).  Try a linux.ko from a working system.  If you
> try the reboot and it fixes things, you don't learn a lot.

	I tried a proper install of linux_base-fc-4_10. Still throwing a
signal 12. Tried to unload/load linux and do it again, same problem. So
maybe it isn't compat being NFS mounted. I still haven't heard if I can
take a linux.ko from a 5.5 system (I doubt I can). Maybe time to upgrade
one of the 3 servers to 5.5?

			Tuc