New linux_base (was: Re: 2.6.16 for linuxulator & 7.0 release)

Sat Mar 17 07:21:03 UTC 2007

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:59:16 +0300):

> Hello, Alexander!
>

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:41:02 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > As you have the next linux_base port ready,
>
> BTW, about this port. It's almost ready (other infrostructure linux
> ports are not at the state for testing) and works fine with old (or
> better to say current) linux ports. But this needs more testing with
> real applications.

We are talking about which version of FC? And it is the version which
does not work with 2.4.2 but will work with 2.6.16 when 2.6.16 is
finished. Right?

> The port needs only one cosmetic patch to bsd.linux.rpm (ftp path to
> sources changed since FC4) and may be used with
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=fc6. No other changes to run/test are needed.

Do we have an override for this so that people which want to give it a
try don't have to patch it?

> I'd better commit it (to get users a chance to test it) but sometime
> ago you mentioned that you have some upcoming changes to linux* ports
> which you would like to commit. I'm in doubt whether to wait for those
> changes or not. What do you think?

Diff attached, just integrate the change and go ahead as it fits.

It was easy to be a vegetarian by day. It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian at night that took the real effort.
(Feet of Clay)