New linux_base (was: Re: 2.6.16 for linuxulator & 7.0 release)

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Mar 16 17:55:40 UTC 2007

Hello, Alexander!

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:41:02 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> As you have the next linux_base port ready,

BTW, about this port. It's almost ready (other infrostructure linux
ports are not at the state for testing) and works fine with old (or
better to say current) linux ports. But this needs more testing with
real applications.

The port needs only one cosmetic patch to bsd.linux.rpm (ftp path to
sources changed since FC4) and may be used with
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=fc6. No other changes to run/test are needed.

I'd better commit it (to get users a chance to test it) but sometime
ago you mentioned that you have some upcoming changes to linux* ports
which you would like to commit. I'm in doubt whether to wait for those
changes or not. What do you think?

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)