Bounty and timeline on vmware 5.x on FreeBSD 6.x

Thu Apr 5 07:40:26 UTC 2007

Quoting Eric Anderson <anderson at freebsd.org> (Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:22:26 -0500):

> >> well.. the first point is to actually TRY the vmware on 7.x, when we know
> >> why it doesn't work we can decide further...
> >>
> >> anyone volunteering? :)
> >

> > Since I haven't played too much with rpms/additional non-ports stuff in
> > the emulation area on FreeBSD, I have a (maybe simple) question:
> >
> > How do I get these other libraries installed (look for 'not found')?
>

> Actually, if I find rpm's that contain the right files, what's the
> correct way for me to 'install' them?

Have a look at the linux-jpeg port. Instead of LINUX_DIST_VER (which
sets a MASTER_SITE with a specific path for us) you need to specify the
MASTER_SITE too.

The BRANDELF_* stuff is needed in case some binary executables and not
only libs are installed.

Finally, Zippy drives his 1958 RAMBLER METROPOLITAN into the faculty
dining room.